The HP D3000 Enclosures is a family of disk drive storage enclosure with 12Gb SAS host connectivity. The D3000 is a 2U direct attach, external storage solution designed for small to medium size deployments or remote locations. These enclosures deliver industry-leading availability, storage density, and upgradeability to meet customers' demanding and growing storage needs. The D3000 delivers the ideal mix of low-cost and high capacity, for minimum I/O workloads such as reference data, archival, and disk-to-disk backup.
The D3000 enclosures support direct attach storage to ProLiant Servers with the HP Smart Array P421, P431, P441 or the P822 Controllers. Blade 6Gb SAS connectivity is enabled using a HP Smart Array P721m and P731m Controllers, 6Gb SAS BL Switches and the D3000 enclosures. HP H221, H222 and the H241 Host Bus Adapters are also supported with the D3600/D3700 Enclosures.
The HP D3000 Enclosures support HP SmartDrive Carrier (Gen8 HP ProLiant drives). Total support can grow as needed to up to 96 LFF drives or 200 SFF drives.
- Storage capacity- The SFF D3700 enclosure supports up to 25 (twenty five) 6Gb SFF SAS drives for a maximum capacity of 30 TB with 6G 1.2 TB SAS drives or 25 TB with 1 TB 6G SAS MDL or 1 TB 6G SATA MDL drives. D3700 also supports 6/12G SAS and 6G SATA Solid State Drives. Number of Solid State drives is limited to twenty five (25) per controller.
- Data Protection - D3000 is designed for a high level of data protection. It includes redundant fans and power supplies (standard), and supports various RAID levels including RAID6 with ADG, 50 & 60 (depending upon the Smart Array Controller used.
- Storage Manageability - The D3000 features familiar configuration and management tools such as Array Configuration Utility (ACU) and HP Systems Insight Manager (SIM). Online Management Features include: Online Capacity Expansion, Online RAID Level Migration, Online Stripe Size Migration, Online Spares (Global.
- Choice of Computing Platform - The D3000 is designed and qualified for HP ProLiant server,.
- Fault Tolerance - It allocates two sets of parity data across drives and allows simultaneous write operations. This level of fault tolerance can withstand two simultaneous drive failures without downtime or data loss.
What's in the box
D3700 chassis with (25) 2.5-inch drive bays, (2) integrated 12Gb SAS IO Modules, (2) 0.5 m HD Mini-SAS cables, (2) PDU interconnect cords, dual power supplies and fans, rack mounting hardware kit, No drives.
Item technical specifications